Thursday, January 16, 2014

Bakers Pantry Part 1

So one day I got the itch to throw all of my baking supplies in the cabinet closest to my KitchenAid mixer. It all makes sense right? I mean, my spices are next to the stove, my coffee cups are near my Keurig, so why are all of my baking supplies scattered around the kitchen? The ideal situation would be for my mixer to be on the counter next to the stove but we still have to add a few outlets. Until then, it lives on the other side of the kitchen. It's still a lot easier to walk over to the stove once, instead of multiple times!

It was going good until I noticed things were being stored in there that didn't belong in a bakers pantry. Also, with the baking going on over the holidays, it was starting to lose it's order.


Did I mention when we painted our cabinets it was done in such a hurry that they are a hot mess and, as you see in the picture, some of the inside doors aren't painted? I tried dealing with it. We had planned to repaint the kitchen cabinets, and add hardware in the spring. I thought by cleaning out the pantry, and reorganizing it I would be satisfied.

I was wrong. I've been wanting to paint that bare cabinet door chalkboard so I can list my conversion chart on it. I am not good at math. Often, i am Googling on my phone with floured fingers for a measurement equivalent. On the other side, I want to hang up either my measuring cups and spoons, or my KitchenAid attachments. I haven't decided. I also was over the mix matched storage containers. I'd like to find two more Mason jars for my additional chocolate chips. I went to Target and snagged a few of these and a few of these (only the second link shows a set, I bought two of the pictured ones separately). My Target was out of the large baskets size, similar to the one on the top shelf of the picture above, so I am hoping to find some to replace those. Also, to hold my small amount of baking mixes. I started baking everything from scratch (to use my mixer to it's full potential) so I'm hoping that amount will fit in one basket.

Here is where I am at now,


At least it is cleared out and organized neatly right? I am in the process of re-painting the cabinet doors so I will be sure to share once it is complete. I thought it'd be fun to put some wrapping paper I found a long time ago at the Target dollar spot on the back of the cabinets. I don't like it, it's already wrinkled in the top right corner. I'm going to try and figure out something fun to do back there, maybe. We will see. :)

Thanks for visiting!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment