Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Simple Valentine's Day Hoop Art

I started this project with the intentions of making a tutorial of how I did this. I took maybe two pictures of the process and then determined it's too simple for a tutorial! It's very easy to recreate.

I like it but it sort of screams Fourth of July to me and not Valentine's Day. So I might throw in some pink around the hoop. Maybe washi tape? My mantle isn't quite done yet to share but I will once it's finished!

I've had these little punches laying around for the longest so I decided to put it to use. The blade was a little dull so I tried punching aluminum foil to sharpen it up.


It's a little trick I learned when I was blogging about scrapbooking. It worked a little bit but I think these punches have seen better days! It was super hard to punch which always is a bummer. I used hot glue to attach the hearts to the hoop. Some of the hearts I folded in half to make them look more dimensional.


How cute is this scrabble tile piece? I was at my local antique mall and found a few of these. It has made me want to hunt down all of the thrift stores around here so I can find old scrabble games. So much cuteness can be made from those tiles!


Pretty simple! Is anyone else over this snow? Or is it just me?

Thanks for visiting!
Amanda

Linking Up:

No comments:

Post a Comment